As part of our outdoor livings space projects, Smith Landscaping will often incorporate an outdoor fire pit. Fire pits are a great way to extend the usable time of your outdoor living space and deliver a great ambiance to your outdoor evenings. They provide warmth and interest on cooler nights and allow you to be outside comfortably in almost any weather.
The design options for fire pits are endless. Contemporary, rustic, integrated into a patio, or a stand-alone feature that draws your guests out into the yard to experience your landscape are just some of the options. We can build fire pits that burn wood, natural gas, or propane for the ultimate convenience. When properly integrated into your outdoor living space, a fire pit is a great addition.
Outdoor Fire Pit Design
Here are some things to think about before your design consultation:
- Fire Pit Materials – What do you want the fire pit made out of? Natural stone and pavers are very popular, but we’ve also built contemporary designs out of stucco or more rustic designs out of natural boulders that blend into your landscape. The options are endless, from a flagstone patio fire pit to a stacked stone fire pit design, and we love working with our clients while they make these decisions.
- Location – Think of how your guests flow during a party. Do you want room for a crowd to gather around your blazing fire? Or an intimate spot just for 2 to relax and enjoy?
- Fuel Source – Firewood is great and offers the real experience, but there is something to be said for flipping a switch inside your house to start the fire before you walk out. We build both types and our designers can go over all of your options.
- Outdoor Lighting – Think about integrated lighting for safety and interest. Our designers can incorporate a lighting plan that highlights the beauty of your fire pit and allows safe access at all hours.
Outdoor Fire Pit Installation
After the design phase, our team will work closely with you to create a plan for your outdoor fire pit installation. We service Northeast Ohio including Salem, Canfield, Alliance, Ravenna, and all of the surrounding area. Call us today to schedule a free initial consultation for your custom fire pit installation!
- Irregular Flagstone Patio with Fire Pit
- Stacked stone fire pit with irregular flagstone patio
- Stacked Stone Firepit
- Contemporary Patio with Integraged Outdoor Lighting and Fire Pit
- Stacked stone fire pit with field stone steppers
- Typical fire pit design
- Stacked stone fire pit and seating wall
- Natural boulder fire pit
- Outdoor fireplace with Carderock stone veneer
- Natural gas fire pit and paver patio with custom pergola
- Custom pergola and fire pit
- Maryland blend stone fire pit
- Custom stone fire pit and irregular flagstone pathway
Outdoor Fire Pit Reviews
With an increasing number of people spending more time outdoors, outdoor fire pits have become a common fixture in many backyards. Outdoor gas fire pits are much more convenient than wood fire pits for parties because they can provide the heat and ambiance that you need. They can also be used to cook food or to grill steak or barbecue. While wood fire pits can be used for these tasks as well, they will take much longer and require more attention to upkeep. Another thing to keep in mind is that gas fire pits emit a rather strong odor, which can be unpleasant to some people. However, if this problem is not a big concern for you, then it might be a good idea to consider gas fire pits over wood fire pits.
Outdoor fire pits are a great way to create the ambiance that you want in your backyard. They come in various designs, styles, and colors, so finding one that will best suit your outdoor decor will be easy. They are relatively easy to maintain as well, which makes them an excellent choice if you have children or pets. Not only that but having a warm comfortable place to sit when the weather starts to get cold can make all the difference in the world to your mood and your overall well-being. So whether you want a focal point for your yard or just want to add some extra warmth, an outdoor propane fire pit may be just what you are looking for.
Start Your Outdoor Fire Pit Project
Leave the heavy lifting to Smith Landscaping! Now that you are inspired and have a better idea of what kind of fire pit you want for your backyard, give us a call at 330-938-6562 or get in touch to discuss your project ideas.Schedule your fire pit project