Smith Landscaping Inc.
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Turf Foreman to join our team.
If you’re experienced in Grounds Management and love to be outdoors, come join us! Smith Landscaping Inc. is seeking an experienced full time Turf Foreman to service our residential and commercial properties. Smith Landscaping remains a proud family owned company in business for more than 45 years. We’re a team of professionals, driven by results and relationships. We are strongly committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities. Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass drug test.
- Team oriented
- Leadership ability
- Communication (listening skills)
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of turf care (I.P.M., core aeration, insect and weed control, fertilization, turf renovation and repair)
- Knowledge of irrigation and low voltage lighting systems
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field or applicable education
- Minimum of 2 years experience with handling pesticides as a trained or licensed serviceman
- Pesticide Commercial Applicator License
- Core, 5 (industrial vegetation), 6a (ornamentals), 8 (turf)
- Industry certifications
You might be a good fit if:
- Provide a safe, efficient, and positive working environment for all team members
- Responsible for all turf care practices (site analysis, soil sampling, I.P.M., core aeration, insect and weed control, fertilization, turf renovation, repair and proper mowing)
- Know the clients wants, needs desires, and their schedule of monthly services ( turf treatments, up coming BM and mowing) and maintain good communication with them
- Exceed clients expectations
- Provide the highest level of quality and professionalism
- Go above the call of duty
- Properly understand and complete all paperwork
- Be prepared for all contingencies (weather, personnel, equipment)
- Understand time management practices and how to apply them
- Understand the goals, tasks, and concerns of team members
- Network within Property Management Department and office (be available)
- Train and evaluate team members
- Enforce company policy if needed
- Operate and maintain equipment
- Diagnosis and research all turf and plant related problems and be able to provide treatment options
- Trouble shoot any problems or concerns of the teams or the client, including irrigation and lighting and provide solutions
- Safely and responsibly handle all pesticides and chemicals
The Turf Foreman will report to the General Manager.
Here’s What To Know About Working Here
Smith Landscaping remains a proud family owned company in business for more than 45 years. We’re a team of professionals, driven by results and relationships. We are strongly committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities. If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Smith Landscaping is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Think you’ve found your crew?