The Mowing Technician will report to the Mowing Foreman.
If you’re experienced in Grounds Management and love to be outdoors, come join us! Smith Landscaping Inc. is seeking an experienced full time Mowing Technician to service our residential and commercial properties. Smith Landscaping remains a proud family owned company in business for more than 45 years. We’re a team of professionals, driven by results and relationships. We are strongly committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities. Must have a clean driving record and be able to pass drug test.
Smith Landscaping offers competitive pay, company uniforms w/cleaning services, paid sick/vacation days + birthday off paid, paid cert training, and continued growth opportunities.
- Team oriented
- Leadership ability
- Communication (listening) skills
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of turf grasses, proper mowing practices, equipment
- Able to identify weeds, insects, and disease problems
- Minimum of 1-2 years of field experience or applicable education
- Interest in future advancement
- Interest in continual education and certifications
- Be a safe and efficient team member
- Understand and interpret directions
- Know clients’ needs, wants, desires and their schedule of monthly services (turf treatments, bed maintenance)
and maintain good communication with them
- Exceed clients’ expectations
- Provide the highest level of quality and professionalism
- Go above the call of duty
- Understand time management practices and how to apply them
- Understanding the mowing process and know all of the routes
- Be able to run a mowing crew when needed
- Strive to be a foreman